Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What I Miss...

I cannot believe it has almost been a year since we left Nevada. We have been so busy and have had so many BIG things happen, the time has flown by. Some days I miss it more than I ever thought I would. Here are a few things I miss about Nevada in no particular order.

1. Elephant Bar. This was my favorite place to eat. I am obsessed with the BBQ chicken salad. Oh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. 2. The weather and parks. Aside from 3 months in the summer, it is the best! Right now I am sitting in a blanket in front of my fireplace. I have been freezing all day and really missing it! 3. SHOPPING. You cannot argue that they have fabulous shopping and the best outlets and sales. If you know me I love to shop and love a good sale. It was heaven for me!
4. Girls nights/BUNCO/Friends. We had so much fun going out for everyone's birthdays and having a good time. I have awesome friends! 5. Visitors. It was so fun to live somewhere not to far from home where people want to visit. We had so many people in and out of our house while we were there and always looked forward to the next visitors. We had so many people staying at our house for the Vegas Bowl that year that Kelsey's boyfriend slept in my laundry room. Good times!
6. Exercise group. We had an exercise group at our church twice a week. I loved it and always looked forward to it. We would all take our kids and they would run around the gym or play in the nursery. It was so great!
7. This adorable family...especially since their new additions! It was so nice to have family around. We loved having Sunday dinners, celebrating birthdays, swapping kids, helping out when one of us was sick, and letting the cousins play together. We miss them so much! I wish we were coming this weekend :(
8. Our bestest friends! Lately I have realized they are irreplaceable. We did everything together...date nights, share babysitters, travel, coupon shop, you name it we did it! We love them!

As I am reading over this post I am realizing that it is kind of corny but it took me a long time (Ryan is playing basketball and the kids are all asleep) and I am feeling nostalgic so I am posting it anyway!

7 comments:

Becky said...

We're glad you're back, though! I got the BBQ Chicken Salad at the Elephant Bar when Geoff and Aleena took us there one time. It was the best salad I've ever had. So amazing.

Holt Fam said...

oh sarah, it is sad! we miss you too! I know shea misses you :) I'm totally feeling like that is exactly how I will feel when we have to leave, It is really coming quickly! oh and totally agree with you on elephant bar... :)

Shea said...

I loved it and was teary eyed reading it!!! You guys are irreplaceable!! I miss you soo much and want to come up and visit soo bad! love you

Shea said...

i miss you guys too. :) i know, we are supposed to move up there and i am slacking on getting us up there.
-scott

emily+brett said...

we love having you here. and i'll be you new best friend:) i'm excited for tonight!

Jess said...

I would miss it too! I miss visiting you there. That was such a fun trip!

Heather O'Brien said...

I love this post! I have been thinking these things about Iowa. I may just have to copy your idea before I forget everything I miss.