The funeral was wonderful! We were overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support we received as a family at such a difficult time. We had a lot of friends come to the viewing as well as the funeral. We were given flowers, cards, a beautiful statue of a father and son, cupcakes, and shoulders to cry on. We cannot thank you all enough for being such great family and friends.
My own family went above and beyond, especially my mom and Kelsey. My mom brought in food, bought my kids new outfits, helped me do pictures, stayed up late with me at Kinko's to get the program printed, and on and on it goes. She also took all these pictures! She was the best support for me. Kelsey skipped out on work to make the remembrance video which we will forever cherish. She also helped with my kids on multiple occasions. When I was sitting at the family luncheon they even showed up with a big Dr. Pepper for me :) They are amazing and will never know how much we appreciate everything they did!
Gary was a police officer for Orem City for many years. I thought it was perfect that he had a police escort and was buried at the Orem Cemetery.
The pallbearers
My kids looked that cute! (Don't mind me...the lack of sleep, stress, and free falling tears did not do me any favors)
At the service they had all the policemen stand up. There were probably 40. Thank you!
Gary's mission companion owns a mortuary and he did a wonderful job with everything. We were able to spend time with him and hear stories we had never heard. These are the missionaries that were able to attend the funeral. Amazing after all these years.
Gary had requested that a bag piper play. Of course we granted that and it was perfect!
My nephew Brien also played the trumpet
Each of us had a flower to place on the casket. The kids were extremely emotional which made it even harder as parents.
This broke my heart...I love this picture and this man!
The McGiven Family
Too cute
All 20 grandchildren (it was blazing hot and I let my kids change and then we decided to take pictures...oops!)
My handsome man!
So grateful for my sweet little family and for my knowledge of eternal families!
4 comments:
What a sweet post!! It looks like an amazing day!! You look beautiful I love that last picture of you and Ryan! Hope your both doing well! My prayers are with you..
Glad everything went well. Hope last week was a little more calm for you. Lets get together soon!
I heard everything was amazing. I still feel so bad for not making it back. Love you guys to pieces.
Sarah what a beautiful post. If it hadn't been for you and your family things would not have turned out so perfect. Thank you for stepping in when the rest of us were so lost. I love all the pictures and I will cherish them forever along with my wonderful family. Thanks again, I love you so much. Julie
Post a Comment