Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving...

I am so grateful to have this special day as a reminder to reflect on the many blessings in my life.  I have felt an overwhelming amount of sadness in the last week that has been hard for me to shake and this holiday could not come at a better time.

This year I am especially thankful for my knowledge of the gospel, temples, and eternal families. We have a void in our hearts that I have never experienced before as we are missing Ryan's dad. I can't imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't know that families are forever.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who loves me and my children. He works so hard to provide for us and I don't think he knows how much I appreciate it. We have been through a lot this year as a family and I am thankful for the trials we have been dealt to strengthen our family and our marriage.

I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to a mother. I love my boys and am grateful for what they teach me every day. I am thankful for the little baby growing inside me that I already feel so much love for.

I am thankful for my amazing family; for a mom and sisters who are truly my best friends, an incredible dad who loves me unconditionally, and brothers who are wonderful examples.

I am thankful for extended family who love and support us in times of need. My family went above and beyond when we lost Ryan's dad and we will forever be grateful for their kindness.

I am thankful for good friends who I can go months or years without seeing but we can pick up where we left off every time we get together.

I could go on and on but I will stop there. I am looking forward to 2012 but I love this time of year when we get to spend time with friends and family!








No comments: