There is snow on the ground and I am freezing. None of us feel good and all I want for dinner is soup. Can you help? If you have a good soup recipe please post it so I can have it! I don't have very many but I love soup in the winter. Thanks for your help!
6 comments:
Potato Soup
4 lg baked potatoes bake and scoop out inside
1/2 c butter
2/3 c flour
6 c milk
1/2 t pepper
3/4 t salt
bring white sauce to a boil
chopped onions
12 slices bacon (cooked) add 3/4 of bacon bits
1 1/2 c grated cheddar
8 oz sour cream stir in
crumble rest of bacon bits on top
delicious and wintery
Sarah, one of the best soups is one I buy. You have to go to the Days market up near Timpview high and go to the freezer section. They have one called chicken and wild rice and it is to die for, if I had a recipe I would try to make it, but since I don't I buy it. It comes in a bag and you just add water and cook, maybe Ryan could pick one up for you, they have other flavors too. The rest of my recipes are in the family cookbook, my favorite is Taco Soup so yummy and easy.
Homemade chicken noodle
boil chicken, shred, and put back in broth. Add 2-3 cans crm of ckn soup. Add whatever veggies sound good. I use carrots, peas, corn and celery. I add homemade egg noodles. The noodles are what make the soup. if you need a recipe let me know.
One of my favorites is Homemade creamy chicken noodle with homemade noodles....mmmm... sounds so good to me right now. I'll send you the recipe when I can get my lazy butt off my couch to go get it :) Love ya!!! Hope moving in is going well.
TORTILLA SOUP
3 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
1 Cup brown rice (cook before hand)
2 Cups frozen corn
2 Zucchinis sliced
1 Can chopped or crushed tomatoes
1 Can tomatoes w/ green chilies
1 Medium onion chopped
2 Cloves garlic chopped
2 Tablespoons oil or butter
6 Cups water
6 Teaspoons chicken bouillon
Bring the water to a boil then add the bouillon.
Sautee the onions and garlic in the butter or oil, then add to the broth.
Add all remaining ingredients to the broth.
This is a very forgiving recipe so you can make it as you please and it should turn out.
It is yummy w/ sour cream, salsa, avocado, tortillas chips, and cheese!
my favorite is Bear creek soup
it's at the top shelf at walmart in the soup isle in a green bag. It is divine. You put it in a pot with water and it's ready in 10 minutes. They all differnt kinds of flavors. I love the potato soup and the broc cheddar.
anyway that is my recipes.
Post a Comment