
Last week in preschool Brady and Easton learned about the letter B. Miss Cathy sent home a note letting us know we could bring in a BUG to show to the class. Brady and Easton decided they wanted to catch a grasshopper. When Ryan got home from work I sent him out with the boys to catch one. It was love at first sight! My kids named the grasshopper "Flick" and it went everywhere with us. We went to Nick's soccer game with Flick in tow and when we were getting in the car after I put him in the back. I don't know what I was thinking. The boys started screaming and sobbing and I had to pull off to the side of the road so they could hold him while we drove. Seriously. Every night they would put him to sleep and they would run out to check on him first thing in the morning. On Saturday we woke up and checked on Flick. We put some more grass in his jar and left him on the deck while we cleaned. Pretty soon Ryan came in and told me I fried the grasshopper. Brady and Easton were so upset. I told them we had to throw him away and they started screaming, "NO!" Ryan convinced them it was okay. Now they think they need a fish...heaven help me!
2 comments:
Thats hillarious.. At least a grasshopper makes them happy and they don't have to have a horse or dog or something..
I'd take a fish over a lab puppy ANY day....yeah bad timing for get a hyper dog when you're prego.
That's such cute story...poor Flick! LOL.
Post a Comment