I am so glad my family convinced me to join them in the Ragnar this year. My cousin and uncle started this race 7 years ago with the Wasatch Back and now it has grown all over the U.S. Every year we say we are going to do a team and we never do. This year we did it and I am so proud!
Kelsey and I headed down on Thursday afternoon with my parents. It was a nice drive until we started driving on the race course and I broke down in tears. Anxiety set in and I was a nervous wreck. We met up with the rest of our team and slept on a house boat that night. I don't think any of us got much sleep.
We woke up at 5 a.m. to drive up to the start line.
Ryan gave me good pep talks on my water breaks!
We had enough time to grab a bite to eat and head to the next exchange.
Our next legs were my favorite because we ran right through our old neighborhood and they were at night! The Hill girls were a little afraid of running in the night but with the help of Geoff and Abbey we made it through our runs! The end of my run was up a hill that leads up to my old house. It is a tough hill and I always used to avoid it when I ran (or walked) in Vegas. Geoff ran it with me and it was so fun to run it together!
When we were all done with our second legs we headed to Geoff and Aleena's house and crashed for about 2.5 hours and then the call came letting us know it was time to head out again. I wanted to throw in the towel and just sleep but we all got up and headed out. We started our last legs at 5:00 in the morning. We all cheered each other on! Ryan was the best cheerleader!
No comments:
Post a Comment