Saturday, July 28, 2007

Goodbye...
















After having family here for over a week it was time to say goodbye on Friday. My mom and Abbey came into town on Wed. The plan was for them to leave on Sunday but Abbey strategically packed church clothes and we convinced my parents to let her stay. Kelsey did not like that idea so we then convinced them to fly her up for a few days. Kelsey flew in Monday night and then she and Abbey left on Friday. We took this picture right before we left to take them to the airport. It was sad! I will quickly recap the time we spent with the girls while they were in town.

We got my house all organized and decorated which was great! It was much more time consuming than I thought it would be but we had fun doing it. My mom and Abbey are both so talented. It feels so much more homey than it did before and we love it!

We also went to the Nordstrom sale which is a tradition for us. When we were little we would go up to Salt Lake with the Robinson's every year in our swimwuits (so we didn't have to wait for dressing rooms.) We would be there when the doors opened and make a day of it. We would get all our school clothes and then my mom would come home and hide them from us until school started. It has become quite the tradition and I could not have imagined doing it without the family so it is a good thing they came to me for it.

Of course we played cards and went on DP (dr. pepper) runs every night. These are the things I miss the most about living close to my family, or better yet with my family so we made sure to do this daily.

Abbey and I attempted to do some workout videos and the girls attempted to go on a run with Ryan but ended up walking. It is way too HOT here. I don't know what they were thinking.

My boys love my mom and the girls so it was fun for them to be around them again and just spend time playing and hanging out. For the most part they were very helpful while they were here. The problem is they never wanted them to nap or go to bed at night because they just want to play with them all the time. My mom is the worst, I almost had to ban her from feeding them their nighttime bottles.

Overall, I think they had fun! I know we did! We pretty much ran errands, decorated, shopped, played cards and drank Dr. Pepper which all in all are the things we enjoy doing most together so it was perfect! We can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks as well as some of you!

Chad is returning next week but only for a night and after that we don't have visitors for a while. Someone should really plan a trip to Las Vegas and come stay with us. We are so fun, really!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Sarah, you're family is darling. You have had more visitors in a few weeks than I have in two years of living in Iowa!! How sad. I love the family pictures too! So cute!

brittany said...

It makes me so sad to read your post, because in just one short month it is going to be me asking for visitors :(

on a happier note, it sounds like you guys had a great time and your house is all put together. now you can post pics of it!!