Thanks to Renee and to all those who wished me a happy birthday! Today started out rough but ended great! Let me explain...
I had a doctor's appointment this morning. I have had a rough time with this pregnancy and have had lots of pain, pressure, and some other issues. I told my doctor about what had been going on and because of my situation last time he decided to check me. I am dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. No big deal except that I am only 29 weeks and this is exactly when I ended up in the hospital before. He decided to do a test called fetal fibronectin. They did this when I was pregnant with Brady and Easton so I was familiar with it. If the test comes back positive it indicates a good chance you will deliver in the next 2 weeks. It came back positive with the twins. The doctor told me if it was positive today he would admit me to the hospital on observation and give me steroids. You can imagine my horror when he told me this because last time this happened I ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks on the most miserable medication. We waited all day for the results. I went and got a pedicure and went out to lunch with my family. We finally got the call telling me the test came back negative and I don't even have to go on bed rest. They will repeat the test every 2 weeks until 36 weeks and hope it continues to come back negative. Needless to say we were thrilled, it was great news!!
Tonight we went to Ryan's Grandma's house and had a swim/pizza party for me and Kylee! It was a great night surrounded by the people I love most! Thanks to all of my family and especially my mom, sisters, and hubby who made this a special day for me despite all the drama! I love you!
13 comments:
I am so happy to hear things are going well... That is scary and I am sorry you have to deal with that! Happy Birthday glad you had a good one you deserve it!
Wow Sara, scary! i am so happy for you taht it ended up a good day! Good luck and be careful! Happy Birhtday!
That is scary, I'm glad your o.k. I 'm glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it.
Sarah, I am so sorry for the bad but news but glad it was able to get better as the day progressed. I hope all will be well with the rest of the pregnancy. We will keep you in our prayers:)
What a relief! I have had a very stressful pregnancy too. I have had bad bleeding episodes 3 times now, and the most recent was at 18 weeks. I went to the ER, and basically they were like, well, if you're dilating, we'll just give you a d&c. It took them 4 hours to check me, and they weren't sensitive about it at all! I was like, sure, no big deal, i'm only 18 weeks. Whatever. I can tell this is going to be a high maintenance baby!!!
Holy Cow! I am glad things are alright! I will be thinking about your in your last nine weeks!
I'm so glad the results came back good. Tell that baby of yours to wait and not come yet!
We are glad that the test came back negative. You are in our prayers. We love you and hope that things continue to go well for you and Ryan. We are all so proud of you guys and all of your accomplishments. Even though you are not on bed rest, I think you should take it easy and try to rest as much as you can. Just a SIL'S advice to someone we love.
I am so glad it all worked out okay... you had me kinda stressin' for a minuet there!
I'm so glad that everything is good and that you don't have to go on bed rest. Happy birthday by the way! Sounds like you guys had fun.
OH that is scary! I hope everything continues to go wel!
Oh Sarah, I'm so glad it came back negative. That is scary. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Happy belated birthday too. I always remember your birthday is Aug. 10, but I didn't actually get around to the part to actually tell you it :).
Wow...what a crazy day! So glad everything turned out ok and that the day ended on a positive note! I hope you had a fabulous bday...did you get my text? I havent heard from you...
Hopefully Ill talk to you soon...hope your feeling ok!
Love ya
Post a Comment