Saturday, October 17, 2009

Coming Home...

Because of the swine flu the rules have changed dramatically at the hospital. Brady and Easton were not allowed to come see me at all. They knew they had a new baby brother but didn't really understand. My mom sent Abbey to the hospital with her computer so we could Skype and they could see the new baby! It was so funny! They just wanted to kiss me and Luke and were very sad when it was time to hang up. I have such great friends who came and visited me in the hospital. They are the best! They kicked me out of the hospital on Monday! It was weird coming home after only techincally being there 1 night. In a good way, this whole experience was very different from last time. I really did not know what to expect. Ryan came and picked us up after dinner and we headed home!The boys kept calling him Baby Summer (my sister Renee's baby). They were very confused and a little out of sorts but were still so sweet!Brady and Luke!Easton and Luke!Cute Aunt Kelsey!We are adjusting to life as a family of 5! Brady and Easton now know that he is Baby Luke and that he is their brother. I think they love him more every day and want to help feed him and bathe him! He is adorable and we are loving every minute of having him in our home!

9 comments:

Rebecs said...

I think with these new hospital rules coming home has got to be so much sweeter! To get to introduce the siblings to the new baby when your feeling better, at home, where they don't have to leave or be in a hospital sounds magical to me. He's darling!

emily+brett said...

I can not believe how cute they are with Luke! You are such a great mom. Can't wait to come visit!

Angela and Mike said...

I'm so glad you are home now...and that the boys actually think Luke is their brother :) haha. Luke is darling!

Katie said...

ahhhh...those pics are adorable. i love that you captured the skype moment on film. What has the world come to...between swine flu and skype. just plain crazy. :)

Holley said...

Such sweetness...I can't stand it. You are all so amazing. I'm so Happy for all of you. Keep posting those pictures. Every time I see a picture of Luke he looks different. They change so quickly!

Jenna said...

I think my favorite picture that you have posted is the one with Brady, Easton and Luke in this post. So precious! Show's their personality and everything!!

Truly and Shane said...

oh my gosh! Is it...are you...whoa! I bet the experience with only one baby from 9 months ago until now is a whole new ball game and so much easier!! Dude, the first picture of the boys watching you in the computer is priceless. Even though they couldn't visit, that picture alone and the story is so cute. Sarah- were you just dying to know what he'd look like? I mean who and how could you make ANOTHER cute boy...BUT YA DID! Be so safe this season. I just got off the phone with utah county vaccine nurses and they scared the shit out of me. But your dad is ON TOP of it, I'm sure! I want to spend forever talking about this pregnancy this time around and how the twins are adjusting or if you recommend getting pregnant sooner or if you're barely hanging on as it is...! LOVES XOXO

Heather said...

You are not going to believe this but I picked out the same outfit to bring our baby him in that you have Luke in. So cute!

Heather O'Brien said...

So cute! You look amazing Sarah. And the picture of all three of them is adorable. What cute little boys you have. P.S. Kelsey looks SO much like Renee in that picture. She is so cute.