Friday, April 30, 2010

We're Back!

We got home from Disneyland on Wedensday night. We had a great time! I am still exhausted. We have had an eventful 48 hours since being home.

Last week we noticed a sore on the palm of Brady's hand. It was all red and looked infected. My mom popped it and got the pus out and I figured it would be fine. It didn't really get better but he didn't complain and with everything else going on, I kept forgetting about it. Yesterday morning he woke up and his face was covered in what looked like hives. I called the doctor and took him in. He has a staph infection that was spreading. Lovely! He is on an oral and topical antibiotic. He has to keep his hand covered at all times because it is contagious. Lovely! Not the best picture but if you can look close you can see all the red dots. He looks 100 times better today thanks to the medicine.

This morning Easton came in my room and told me his tongue hurt. I thought he was just attention starved since Brady got a lot yesterday and ignored him. He kept asking me to hold him and would cry everytime I put him down. Pretty soon he was saying his teeth hurt and I was thinking he had a cavity. It quickly changed to his arm and then his leg. Again, I was thinking my child is a hypochondriac and he was making it all up. I finally asked him if he wanted to go take a nap in my bed and he said yes. I put him in there and left to start picking up the house. Within a few minutes he was screaming bloody murder. I ran in there just in time for him to start throwing up everywhere. It was so sad. He told me he wanted to brush his teeth so I took him in the bathroom and then ran downstairs to turn on a show for Brady and came back to find him like this. Poor kid. He is so sick.

This afternoon I was talking to my mom and cleaning up my kitchen. I sprayed one counter with cleaner and turned around and it was gone. It was so weird. I looked everywhere, retraced my steps, and could not find it. I told my mom I was losing my mind. I got distracted and forgot about it and about 15 minutes later Brady walked up the stairs with an empty spray bottle. Great. I took him downstairs and asked him where he sprayed it and he pointed to every couch, chair, toy, etc. Seriously? At least he didn't put it in his mouth right?!?

It has been a miserable day. Brady has been stuck in the basement and Easton in my bedroom with a lap top to watch movies on. I am trying to keep them both away from Luke. It is going to be a long weekend. Can I go back on vacation yet? Pictures from Disneyland to come when I have the energy to sort through them!

4 comments:

Our Family said...

So sorry! Being a mom is so glamorous! We had a similar day yesterday. Let's just say one car seat ended up in the garbage can and the baby has now been puked on:)

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

I'm so sorry Sar! Staph infections are scary...I'm glad he's OK.

Jess said...

UGH!!! Blah, I am so sorry! How horrid. Good luck with the sick kiddos and I hope they both get feeling better soon! I can't wait to see disney pics. we leave tomorrow! Woot!

Heather O'Brien said...

That sounds like a horrible day! Seriously! I wanted to cry reading it. I'm sorry. Hope that things are looking better for you all.