Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Decision

I debated for a few days which one of the bookshelves to do for the basement. Then I came across THIS. Ryan encouraged me to drive up to IKEA to check them out before we went through the hassle of building some. They are meant to be spice racks so they are small but they hold plenty of books. I bought 5 of them and figured I could start with 1 and then go from there. I didn't like the wood color so I painted them white to match my baseboards. I really like the way they turned out! The boys are loving them and have definitely been more into reading since I put them up. It is great! I have 2 more we haven't put up yet. If I put them further up the wall they will be too high for the boys to reach them. Although I thought that might be nice for the books I don't want them to get to. I could also put 1 lower but it would be really low. The other thought I had was to put them in the boy's rooms. If you can't tell I am horrible at making decisions!

6 comments:

emily+brett said...

the shelves turned out great. you are so crazy about the details but i love it cause i'm the same way. love the st patrick's day surprise! so cute.

Beth said...

so awesome, such a great idea.

Jess said...

very cute! I love it.

KolbyJanine said...

Really cute idea. I might have to borrow this one. We are getting ready to start our kids play room, that would be awesome to get rid of our old rickety book shelf.

Sarah said...

Love the shelves!!! I need to do that with brea's books!!!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

So glad you posted this! I've been thinking about doing something like that for June's room but everything was so pricy! This is a perfect solution! Thanks!!!