So I spend way too much time looking at blogs of these amazingly talented women who have beautifully decorated homes, cook delicious meals, and seem to be perfect, fun loving mothers. Sometimes i feel a little inadequate. Last week I decided I could do better at all of the above. I made an effort and I have since decided I shouldn't try so hard. Here is why...
Example 1: For St. patrick's Day I went all out (see post below). The boys loved it and it was fun! That night I was quickly trying to clean the green footprints off everything before getting the boys in bed. I wasn't thinking clearly and went from the floor to my stainless Steele fridge with an SOS pad. Needless to say my fridge is scratched and looks awful. It was so dumb and I am still sick every time I look at it. We are working on ordering some $50 kit that will hopefully help but seriously.
Example 2: Yesterday was a beautiful day! We headed to the backyard of our family friends to jump on the tramp and play on the swing set. They have a metal swing set with rings and the boys were loving hanging on them. I decided to be a "cool" mom again and show them what I used to do when i was little. I flipped myself backwards over the rings and they were freaking out! They started jumping up and down and yelling, "mom that was awesome! Do it again!" My arms were killing me so I told them I couldn't but then they started telling me to "just try one more time, please!" How could I turn that down. I tried like 5 more times but by that point my shoulders and arms were throbbing. They were sore all day yesterday but that was nothing. When I woke up this morning I was in so much pain. Ry did some tests to make sure I didn't tear something but thinks I just strained the muscles. I still can't lift my arms over my head and have been popping advil alll day.
I think I am retiring from being a "cool mom!" At least until I can raise my arms again!
8 comments:
Love it! That is so funny. I agree - overrated!
You are totally a cool mom! But your recent attempts have proved that it truly is overrated to try too hard! :)
that reminds me of a time when jennica, emilee and i were at the park with are girls and they wanted us to do the monkey bars. lets just say it took me 10 times to get across once and i was dead after and the day after i was hurting so bad! Being the cool mom is definatly overated sometimes :) especially in my life right now, say it gets better with twins, somedays im about to loose it haha but i guess i will still keep them.
That sucks! Sorry about your fridge and arms! I'm sure you're a wonderful mom! All these "perfect" moms are just fake anyway. Who knows what their real life is like.
I think we know from recent experience that someone's blog is not a reflection of what is really going on in their lives. You are a great Mom and those boys are dang lucky. I feel for you with the fridge I've done things like that too, I think we all have.
Sarah sarah...yeah, i stopped trying a long time ago!! Youre already cool...trust me :)
Your kids will remember all the cool things you did, but will never ever know that your refrigerator got damaged in the process....or that you strained your arms. But one day they will look back and see just how wonderful you are. They will be devoted, loving sons forever because of the love you give and the sacrifices you've made.
Careful about comparisons. We tend to compare the best in others with the worst in ourselves. You can never win in that scenario.
Keep rockin' motherhood, you're doing great!
LOVED that second story! Miss you already!
Post a Comment