Monday, March 7, 2011

Project 101

Our basement family room is currently used as our kids playroom. There is plenty of space but their toys and junk seem to fill it up quickly. I am trying to slowly and inexpensively revamp the space. My kids LOVE books but they have been awkwardly placed in a bin behind some stuff making it hard for the kiddos to get to them. I have been stewing over how to make them more convenient for the kids to get out and put away. I have convinced Ryan to help me make some shelves to hang on our wall so the books are visible. I love these 2 ideas. What do you think?

This one found HERE made of wood.
Or this one found HERE from rain gutters.I really like them both but I am trying to decide which one will be easier to make and hold up with 3 crazy boys. Any ideas?

8 comments:

Renee said...

Both look like ladders to climb up! I say which ever seems the strongest but they are both darling! Good luck!

Sharon said...

I like them both but love the one with the rain gutters. Great idea. Good luck choosing!

Angela and Mike said...

You could check out ana-white.com for some good ideas. She has ledges and shelves to build easily. Both those options look good though. The one that's deeper might be able to fit more books.

Laura said...

I think I like the bottom ones a little better, but they're both really cute. I bought some at Pottery Barn Kids recently that are blue and they are suuuuper sturdy...
Good luck, post pictures when you're done!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Thanks for the link! I'm glad you like them. They are definitely sturdy. My daughter's teacher has rain gutter shelves in her classroom and they're cute and work well too. I don't think they hold as many books because they're not as deep.

Shea said...

I love both but I like the rain gutters more!! So cute want to do this same thing!!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Great idea Sar! Ikea also has a cute bookshelf that looks like 2 or 3 w's put together...you can put it down low for the boys to get to the books! I think that's what I'm doing in our playroom...good luck deciding!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Great idea :) I like both - but I wouldn't think that rain gutters would stand up well to kids pulling on them or inevitably trying to climb them? Either way, love the look! Post pics when you put some up!