and flying here.
We decided we were sick of driving back and forth and putting all the miles on our car and it was actually cheaper to fly. Brady and Easton are coming up on their 2nd birthday so we decided to take advantage of them flying free while we still can. I am getting a little nervous. I realize that this flight is only 1 hour and 15 minutes but believe me, that is a long time for my 2 kids to sit still. The only thing I have to compare it to is sacrament meeting and my kids are awful there so I am kind of in panic mode. They are not easily entertained unless they are running back and forth between here and there. I know a lot of you have flown with small children hundreds of times but this is our first so any suggestions would be appreciated.
We will be in Utah for the next couple of weeks (at least the boys and I will be). We have a lot of fun things planned so I will keep my blog updated with all the fun! We hope to see a lot of you while we are there!
Thanks and wish us luck!
8 comments:
Does Ryan have a break from school or is he staying behind in Vegas? Good luck on the plane flight with the boys. When do your mom and dad get back?
Sar - Get some new toy that the boys have never seen, and wait to give it to them til you've left the ground. One time I gave it to River after we boarded, and he was done with it before we ever took off! Good Luck!
I used to fly all the time when my kids were little. If you are flying southwest, I don't think they have one, but if they do, sit in the bulkhead. That is the seats right behind the wall. There is usually more leg room and kids can actually stand or sit there and play a little. A lot of older people would avoid us like the plague, giving us plenty of space to have the row to ourselves. Pack treats they love and new little dollar store toys. Good luck.
If they like movies, bring a portable dvd player. I like the toys idea, but I've never flown with Brooke sooo...really the movie suggestion is a guess. Good luck and we'll hopefully see you around!
I talked to your mom at Lindsay D.'s shower and she said that you would be coming to Utah for quite awhile. How fun for you guys! I am sure we will see you around!
Amanda
So fun. You have to call me while you are in town, we would love to have a play date. They are actually pretty good on planes cause they get to look out the window and they think it is so cool. Just make a big deal of it before you go.
Todays the day! You're here by now I supposed- did you survive??
Brittany will be here late tonight, so lets do lunch or dinner and games at the Brady's next week? I'm glad you're here!!!!!
I hope you have a safe flight! I love Utah this time of year - have fun!
Post a Comment