Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh to be 18 again?!?

Happy birthday to my baby sister! I cannot imagine our family without Kelsey in it. She has the most vibrant personality and can always make me laugh! Kelsey is a wonderful sister and aunt. All the kids adore her and she is so good to them. We love you Kels! I hope you have a wonderful birthday, you deserve it!

For her birthday we wanted to put together a book of advice. So, I am asking all of my blogging friends and stalkers to give me your thoughts. Think back to when you were 18 years old, graduating from High School, dating the school football star, moving onto college, leaving home, etc.

What advice do you have for my little sister???

Leave your comments below and we will type them and put them in a book to give to her. We thought it would be fun for her to read. Thanks for your help!

9 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

18? Wow...

I guess my advice would be...to make the most of your college years. They pass by fast and then real life begins :) My 4 years in college were some of the best years of my life.

Don't settle...you'll be making a lot of life changing decisions in the next few years.

Kelsey knows this, but the most important relationships you have are those with your family. Keep them close, they will be your lifelong best friends.

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Enjoy your life and have fun EVERY SINGLE DAY. I still do this and feel like I never waste a day (well, most of the time!) You are a beautiful girl Kels and it's been fun watching you grow up! I will always think of you as Sarah's littlest sister though :) Good luck with all that life has in store for you! Love...Linds Ercanbrack

The Miller Family said...

my advice is to take advantage of every opportunity that comes and live for each day. Try not to "grow up" too quick because you have the rest of your life to do so!! Kels is beautiful and I am sure very talented. She has a lot going for her!!

ps: HAVE SOO MUCH FUN!!!

sunni said...

My advice to kels... HAVE FUN live it up while you live at your parents and don't have a ton of responsibilities!! HAVE FUN!! I miss being 18!

Beth said...

Don't waste your time waiting...life is too short. Embrace change...and see every day as a new opportunity to grow.

Linds said...

My advice for an 18 year old...don't wish high school away. and then go to college, maybe even away from home for at least a semester, live with someone you know and a couple you don't know, embrace college experiences and don't try to do too much, date, have fun, and always remember your family loves you. Most of all, go with your gut, sometimes overthinking can paralyze you from doing what is right/best for you at that particular moment. This will be some of the funnest times in your life, ones you will ALWAYS look back on. Man, I could go on forever!

Jules said...

Kelsey,

You are such a beautiful girl. It's hard to believe you are 18. My advice for you is to choose your friends very wisely. In my personal experience, my best friends were made in college and I treasure those friendships. I know that if I had chosen different friends I would not be the person I am today. Relationships are so important, but it has to be with people who have similar goals and desires. You have to surround yourself with people who uplift you and don't drag you down.

Be positive as you go forward. There is so much of life to live and the time will go by too quickly. If you want some really good advice on how to live a good life, I would read "The Last Lecture", by Randy Pausch. He gives some great advice about focusing on what's important and not sweating the stuff that isn't. He also talks a lot about focusing on your dreams. Having a dream and really making it happen is the best way to live a full life. Good luck with everything you decide to do.

Katie said...

To Kelsy,
Here's some advice: Don't be anything like your sister Sarah and everything will be just fine.

With all the love I possess your favorite brother in law's brother Gary

Carrie said...

I love the picture at the top of you guys. It is soooo cute. I can't believe how big your boys are getting.