Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight!!!

I was one of many who stayed up until midnight to watch Twilight last night. They opened the doors at the theater at 9:00 because the lines were so long it wound into the casino putting all these underage girls in the casino. The joys of living in Vegas! I had to work until 11:00 so my friend Amanda saved me a seat!

I thought the movie was good though I was disappointed in some of the casting. Jasper looked like he had a stick up his bottom the whole time, Carlisle is much younger than I expected, Rosalie is not as drop dead gorgeous as she should be, and although Edward grew on me throughout the movie, he was still not what I had pictured. Jessica was my favorite! I thought it followed the book well, at least from what I remember. All in all I thought it was pretty good just hard to love when you don't love the main characters. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

10 comments:

Becky said...

Haven't seen it yet, but I've read several blog reviews and none of them were all that great. I wasn't really excited about it to begin with, but now I'm even less so... But, of course, I'll still go see it in the theater!

shelby said...

I loved it! It was slightly cheesy in certain points. And I agree with you about Jasper, and Carlisle! I have already seen it twice (long story) and it is way better the second time!

Jess said...

Couldn't agree more... I thought the special effects were LAME too. I wish the actors who played Victoria and Rosalie would switch with each other. Don't ya think? I must say though I was a fan of Carlisle and Jasper (except I pictured Jasper and Emmet to both be much larger). I really did enjoy the movie though... I went into it KNOWING it wasn't going to be nearly as good as the book, and with pretty low expectations, so I think that helped! And I agree with Shelby, its better the second time!

Niki Carter said...

I give it two thumbs down! I hate to be a party pooper but I think that they got the dinamics between Bella and Edward completely wrong! Where is all of the banter and sexual tention? They always acted so uncomfortable and awkward! The only part I thought was true to their characters, is when they walked into the school and Edward had on his glasses. He actually displayed confidence and a sense of humor. I just got back so I could go on and on. All in all, they really missed the whole point of the book - Edward and Bella's love story and connection. Maybe they will have a better budget next time around and they will do the second one right.

Chelsea said...

Im going to post about it but my thoughts are that they missed the ball for me with the meadow part- they didnt have as much depth there I also thought it was a shame they never showed how happy Bella and Edward were together when they werent in trouble I actually thought bella was a little flat-like almost depressed the whole movie I was bummed they didnt mention Jaspers gift though he did looked pinched the whole show! There was also points where the lines were too strong and other times where no one talked when they should! I liked Alice the best out of the cullens- but Edward did a good job for me he didnt disappoint me like I thought he might
to sum it up- I will go see it again and for cramming all the book in two hours it was good enough for me!

Heather said...

I LOVED IT! Of course I wish they could make the movie longer & add more from the book into it but oh well. I loved it. I loved all of the characters!! I am way excited for the second one. Don't tell Ryan but Jared was ready to go to it again that same night. He said it was to get the game off his mind. (We went Sat. morning) We are actually going again over the Thanksgiving day week. My only question was who was the Asian kid? He was funny but he confused me a bit. still loved it.

Chelsea said...

I thought it was pretty good. Some of the characters weren't right, but they all grew on me. And, I thought it stayed pretty close to the book. Although, I'm with Heather. I wish they could make it longer and just have everything from the book. P.S. Derek and I are were totally cracking up about your kids flexing for the camera. Too cute!

Truly and Shane said...

Loved it. Its hard to expect too much from a movie based on a highschool level. There were a few parts I wanted to laugh at that weren't supposed to be funny. Edward did grow on me- about 20 min into it I turned to my friend and said 'ok. so I just now found that I think he's hot.' She was so offended, and was like he's been hot the whole time!! LOL I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing. My favorites were Esme and Bella's dad. Bella could have used a few more acting lessons in my opinion BUT I totally enjoyed it and I'd see it again.

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I didn't like it. I thought there were alot of parts that were so super cheesy and parts that were supposed to be serious the whole theater was laughing. That's not cool and I was part of the laughing. The movie just wasn't done very well

Scott and Beth said...

I felt the exact same way! Those were the characters that I thought were casted wrong. The worst was Rosalie....I pictured her as a perfect little barbie doll....not so much!!! But all in all I was totally impressed with the rest of the movie! And by the end Edward grew on me too!