Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Funeral

I was able to go with my mom, cousins, aunts, and sister-n-laws to dress my Grandma. I was very nervous about going and almost backed out last minute but I am so glad I decided to go. It was a very neat experience for me and helped me have a little closure. This picture was taken right when we finished.The night before the funeral Kelsey realized she had borrowed a dress of my Grandma's for a 50s dance last year and never returned it. She came down and asked if we thought she should wear it to the funeral. We decided it would be a sweet tribute to her. We went over to her house and took some dresses and some jewlery. A few of us wore her dresses, Abbey wore her wedding dress, and all her daughters and granddaughters wore a piece of her jewlery. It was a neat thing for us to do. She had great taste!After the funeral we all went back to my parent's house and we let balloons off into the sky. It was fun and of course all the kids loved it. The funeral was a wonderful tribute to my Grandma's life. We love her so much and miss her everyday! I can't wait to see her again.

5 comments:

The Miller Family said...

hey sarah girl. glad to hear everything went well with the funeral. what a sweet idea for everyone to wear a little something from grandma. looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Sarah Goodsell said...

Glad everything went well and that was so neat how everyone wore something of your grandmas. Glad you were able to be there.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Sarah, Looks like things went well with the funeral. What a neat experience dressing your grandma. And how sweet of you all to wear a piece of her- You have an amazing family!

Chelsea said...

what a great thing to do... wearing her clothes, that is the first I have ever heard of that.

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

What a fun way to pay tribute. I love her dresses!