Friday, November 23, 2007

Fun in Utah (with a little drama)!

We have had a fun week in Utah! It has been very eventful...never a dull moment at the Hill home.

We hung out, went shopping, ate Brick Oven (my favorite), celebrated birthday's etc. On Wed. night we were all hanging out when Aria (Geoff and Aleena's little girl) fell off the couch and ended up in the ER. They did an x-ray and couldn't find a break but they still thought there was one. She has been walking around with a splint and a sling since. It is pretty cute! She is actually using it today more and we are thinking maybe it is not broken so that is the good news!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family! We were surrounded by lots of people that we love and were able to have a great dinner. My kids loved the yams and the green bean casserole, they ate it up! My grandma has been a little under the weather so it was fun to take a picture with all her great grandkids that were here! The kids danced to High School Musical, we played games (I won both) and ate and ate and ate.
My sisters, my mom and I decided to join all those crazy people out there and hit up the sales. We went to Mervyn's at 4:00 then on to Shopko at 5:00. We ended up at Toys R Us where we just looked at all the stuff people were buying because their lines were unbelievably long. Was it worth it? Probably not. Was it fun? Yes. Would I do it again? I don't know, I am pretty dang tired right now!

I got home and went back to sleep for 1 hour before Ryan woke me up so he could go play basketball. I was looking forward to a relaxing day hanging out with the family. The boys were playing and having fun! My parents have this stupid brick fireplace at their house which has always scared me because I have always feared someone falling on it. Today that fear came true...Easton fell into it and sliced his head open. He was a tough kid and only cried for a minute but then just went right back to playing. Of course I had an emotional breakdown at the thought of my child have a scarred face for life. Luckily, with the help of my wonderful dad, I was able to get a plastic surgeon to do the stitches for us so hopefully it won't be too bad. Easton did not like having the shot and had to be held down, it was so sad. Then we had to hold him down again with this stupid thing over his face while the doctor stitched it up. I was trying so hard not to cry. Poor kid! He was fine the minute they were done and it has not bothered him all day. He is such a good kid.

The best part about all of this is that Geoff's family and my family are having family pictures tomorrow. They will have Aria in a cast and we will have Easton with stitches in his head. Seriously, what good timing!

We also had an exciting evening but I will write about it tomorrow...I promise. It is very exciting though so I would definitely recommend checking back soon! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to avoid the ER...our family has been twice!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you guys have had an eventful trip. I hope Aria and Easton are feeling better. Kids get over getting hurt pretty quickly. Unfortunately, as a mom, it takes a while before you aren't shook up anymore. I hope you guys have an uneventful weekend. Can't wait to see the family picture!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Sarah sounds like you have some crazy kids around :) That is so sad about the hurties... I can't believe you went to the ER twice. I would die. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving with your family though. I love the picture with your grandma and all the grandkids. So cute!

Kristi F. said...

Sad about Easton! I keep dredding the day that one of my kids gets hurt. Looks like you guys handled it well!