Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Laughter

Today I am thankful for the sound of laughter, especially from my children. They have been so funny lately and have been laughing all the time. It is very contagious. On Sunday we were at church in sunday school when all of the sudden Easton got the giggles (I still have no idea why) but of course since he was laughing Brady had to too. They would not stop. Finally Ryan had to take Easton out in the hall because everyone around us was laughing. I guess I would rather have to take my child out for laughing than crying. I was so embarrassed because I was sitting next to my friend and her husband was the one teaching (sorry guys). They laugh at each other all the time and usually if one laughs the other does too. It is my favorite sound in the world right now and puts a smile on my face every time!

My kids have become quite stubborn these days. They have recently decided they are weaning themselves from two 2 hour naps to one 3 hour nap. At first I thought this would be horrible with my working schedule but it has actually worked.

They have also decided that I am not allowed to feed them. Today they cried until I gave them the spoons to feed themselves and after throwing those on the floor they went to town shoving mac'n cheese in their mouths making sure to get it in their hair and in their eyes in the mean time. The best part was they had had a bath just a few hours prior to this. (click on these to really appreciate the mess)
There is never a dull moment as a mother but my kids laughter helps get me through the crazy days!

11 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Their little laughs are so contagious! They had me cracking up too...sorry Mike.
I think those boys are so adorable...especially loved their heads sticking out of their stroller the other day!

brittany said...

yeah, it is no fun when they decide to feed themselves. Our kitchen needs an overhaul after every meal. Lovely! You need to record them laughing and post it so we can hear too. They sure are cute.

Angela and Mike said...

haha, how funny. I love the pics of the boys with food all over. They are just so independent. haha.

Angela and Mike said...

haha, how funny. I love the pics of the boys with food all over. They are just so independent. haha.

Heather O'Brien said...

That is so cute that they feed off of eachother's moods. How funny. I wish I could've been in the room when they were laughing. They are darling. The food pictures are great! Wasn't clean up so much nicer when it was just milk??

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

They are so darn cute! It is the best to hear your kids laugh! That is so neat that you can already tell that they have such a strong bond. I love the pictures with the food everywhere. That is my baby Gabe at every meal. He is the same way; he always needs to feed himself. I sure don't like the cleanup afterwards. You are so cute to post something that you are grateful for each day. It has been fun to get caught up on your blog. What is your job? That's so nice that you can work from home.

Williams Fam said...

I love that they have eachother to giggle with. That's so cute! I so wish we lived closer and could get Carly together with the twins! That'd be so fun-especially since they're like two weeks apart! Okay, on the whole nap thing....we need to talk! How did they "tell" you they needed 1 nap? Read my blog post for today please!!I need some advice-

Heidi said...

Sarah, I guess I could have emailed you, but with the awesome blogger you are, I figured you might see this quicker!

It is totally fine if you do your order after thanksgiving. I've had quite a few orders early so hopefully that will lessen the after Thanksgiving rush. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Heidi said...

Laughing is the natural medicine for anything! It's the healthy way of life! I'm SO glad HF gave us laugh attacks! :) Great thoughts!

Holley said...

Sarah,
You need to video them laughing for me and post it on your blog. I can see from their pictures that they are just the happiest babies. You are doing such a fantastic job as their mother and Ryan is a great Daddy! Heavenly Father really knew what he was doing when he sent those sweet boys your way.

Jaime Stephens said...

haha those pictures crack me up, it's in the hair and everything... It is funny because it seems like Brady and Easton are such a team they are so cute.