Monday, April 21, 2008

Wedding Fun!

I had a wonderful time in Oregon this weekend! I met my family at the airport and the fun began. Both of my parents grew up there so we were able to drive around and take a walk down memory lane with them. We had seen all of this before but it was much more meaningful as an adult. We then headed over to my Uncle Ron's beautiful home. He has the most amazing view from his house and my aunt has done a wonderful job with their yard. It was so nice to not be stuck in a hotel room and to be able to spend some time with his family. He made us yummy ribs and we watched the office!

On Friday we got up and after a gourmet breakfast by Ron, headed over to the church to start decorating for the reception.
We spent most of the day there but did squeeze in a little time for shopping. That night we had the wedding dinner at the Claim Jumper...yummy!

Saturday was the wedding and it was supposed to snow. We headed to the temple and it was cold, but blue skies. My cousin, the bride's sister, didn't realize until she got to the temple that her recommend was expired. They worked it out and the sealing was wonderful! This is my beautiful grandma! We love her!

After the sealing we grabbed some lunch and then we were able to see my cousin Greg and his cute family! He even played the guitar and sang for us!

The reception turned out great! It was lots of fun to spend some time with our cousins we don't see much. The bride looked beautiful and was smiling from ear to ear the whole day! Yesterday we headed home. I was sad to say goodbye to my family but Abbey is coming on Wed so it was not too sad. I love spending time with my family but I really missed Ryan and the boys and was excited to see them yesterday! Ryan is an incredible dad and was so great with our kids. His mom and sister were able to come through here on Friday so I think that was really fun for him. Thanks guys!

12 comments:

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Cute pictures! You and your sisters are all so beautiful! I love it! Fun that Abby is coming down this weekend...I want to come with her! Chelsea is seriously dating this boy and he's working in Vegas doing pest control (in Henderson actually!) She wants me to go with her to visit him so we'll have to play if I end up coming down!

brittany said...

No pictures of the metallic gold heels. I was really hoping to see those. It was fun to see you guys. cute pics!

jaanderson family said...

cute pics! you have such a cute family! glad you had a great time!

Buffy Dayton said...

YOUR kids are darling!!! I wish I would have had twins for my first, I am so jealous. Now, I don't know if I could handle it you know! Beautiful pictures, Joe saw them too and it made him really jealous he wants to go golfing there bad!! Keep in touch!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

You look so pretty Sarah! Love the Dress! Is kelsy wearing your special vest???:) Im glad you had a good break...
Monday at the latest this baby will be here. My dr. said he would induce me monday if I want...so..exciting huh?!?! Im still hoping he comes before that though!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

So glad you had fun. I love being with family its the best thing ever.

I e-mailed you about the blocks

Cami said...

It sounds like you had so much fun! I always think weddings are fun - especially when you get to spend time with family during them.

Katie said...

Honestly, what would we do without sisters? Looking at your pics made me jelous I will admit. (by the way you look so skinny in your picture wearing your jeans...did you really birth twins?)

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

What a fun trip. I love the picture of you girls with your parents. Cherish those FOREVER! You have the greatest parents ever! And CLAIM JUMPERS...heaven on earth. When I lived in Cali. we always used to go there and order "Irish Nachos" for and Appetizer. They are not on the menu but you can still order them if you are "cool" (Haha). They are French fries with bacon, cheese, ranch, and a whole lot of good and fat! Yummy! Haha!
Amanda

Erika Tebbs said...

Hey Sarah- We actually did not sign a contract in the Wagonwheel area. We ended renting a home from a DO student from Tourro. It was such a hard decission, but we feel in love with their home, and it was cheaper than the townhomes in the wagonwheel area. We were sad, we wished that we found something that we loved in the area. I will have to call and tell you exactly where, and we would still love to hang out with you guys when we make the move down. Thanks again for all your help. ERika

Jaime Stephens said...

what a fun week for you! I love the pictures you are all so beautiful! You also need to share your muffin recipe with me... I love muffins :-)

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

How fun that you got to go spend time with your family in Oregon. I bet it was a nice break from the kids :) I could use one of those about right now. When are you going to be in Utah next?