Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bad Mood

Today I was in a very bad mood...seriously! It all started when I either turned off the baby monitor last night or this morning (without being conscious) and didn't hear my kids crying. When I went in to get them they were crying so hard they were convulsing, I am not kidding. I felt like the worst mom. I fed them breakfast and decided to make it up to them by letting them take a bath! Brady has now decided that he can walk anywhere, including the bathtub. The problem is he reaches for anything in sight to catch himself and most of the time it is Easton. Reaching for Easton while walking in the bathtub, not such a good idea, I thought he was going to drown him. Then he thought it was funny and kept doing it over and over. I decided Brady had to get out so I could wash off Easton. I wrapped him in a towel and layed him on the floor which he quickly squirmed out of and started crawling around my bedroom naked. Oh so fun!

I finally got them dressed and went to put them down for a nap and came to work only to find out my computer would not work. After calling my boss and wasting nearly 1 hour, I finally got it to work but only to have my kids wake up 20 minutes later. I fed them lunch and we headed out to finish off our Christmas cards. I could not find paper I liked but finally just bought some so I could get them done with and in the mail. I went to make copies of our letter but the line was too long and the boys were fussy so I came home with nothing accomplished.

I tried to cook but that never goes well with my kids because they sit at my feet and smack their lips at me, it is so annoying but kind of funny!

They finally went down for another nap and I started to work. Ryan got home and then they woke up so I passed them on to him. When dinner was ready I went downstairs and it was all downhill from there. I looked over and could see my kids eating something off the ground and guess what it was...a glass ornament they had shattered and were eating. Oh don't worry, I freaked out. I picked up Easton and started to cry (just a little) and frantically tried to get it all out of his mouth. Ryan did the same with Brady, minus the crying part. Yes Renee, the ones I got from Pier 1, so annoying. They have not been interested in my tree at all which I have been so happy about, but today that is no longer true. If you come to my house and only the top half is decorated, you will know why!

Seriously, then I got mad at Ryan for no reason and took out my bad mood out on him, poor guy. He went to scouts and I went to Geoff and Aleena's and crashed their dinner and told them all about my bad day and my "rude husband" (who really is not that rude...sorry Geoff and Aleena)

In the end, Ryan and I sat on the couch and talked with the Christmas tree lit and all the lights off! It was a good ending to a crazy day! He really is a great husband and does put up with me which is not an easy thing to do!

Let's just say I am so glad I had Dr. Pepper in the house (thank you secret santa) to help me get through the day! More to come about that soon :)

10 comments:

Sharon said...

What a day!! At least it's Brady and Easton sitting at your feet smacking their lips and not Ryan!

Becky said...

It's never good when your day starts off bad ... no matter what happens the rest of the day, it's going to seem long! Glad there was a good ending, though!

Jeanna said...

I can totally relate to that. Our first year in this house the entire bottom third (I say third because the thing was huge) was not decorated at all. And, the computer not working properly for work. HARSH! Wasted work time, that is awful.

Better luck today, with everything!!

brittany said...

i hate days like that. i hope today is better.

Aleena said...

I am glad you had an excuse to come over and visit. Ihope today is better.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Day! Aren't you glad its over. Don't worry I would have freaked out too about the boys eating the ornaments.
Carrie

Katie said...

Bad days are always kind of amusing when they're not your own. I guess because I can totally relate. Just wait until they get into the mischief stage! I'm sorry it was so crappy...the boys weren't hurt by the glass were they?

Heather said...

I'm sorry, that really sounds like a stressful day. What cute boys though. Keep smiling :)

Kristi F. said...

I hate days like that! Hopefully you will have a better weekend!

Heidi said...

oh man, what a day. I don't have kids, but I do have days like that. I'm glad it ended well with a little chat with your hubby in front of the tree...I LOVE THAT!