Friday, December 7, 2007
Walking In A Cactus Wonderland!
We had such a fun night! We went over to Geoff and Aleena's house for yummy soup! Here is Easton chillin' in Laila's bouncer!
Then we all piled in the van and headed to the Cactus Farms where they had Christmas lights on all the cacti! I didn't really know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled up and saw all the lights. It was actually really cool.
Aleena and I started singing, "Walking in a cactus wonderland!" We had a lot of fun looking at all the lights and Ryan was trying to read what all the cacti were called and where they were from. 
After we walked around for a bit and took pictures we went inside and had Ethel M hot chocolate (rumor has it she is the wife of the guy who created M&M's) It was super rich and I now have a tummy ache but it was a great experience! Ryan also bought chocolates for everyone to try. He bought peanut butter and jelly and egg nog...sick! He did buy caramel for me because I would not try those risky flavors.
The store was neat, there were couches everywhere and it was all decorated in pinks and purples and had cute chocolate sayings all around. We had a great night.
Enlarge these pictures and you can see the cactus and palm tree with lights on them...kind of funny! These pictures really don't do the place justice. It was really neat and the whole thing was lit up!
I sound like a broken record but we are so lucky to have such a great relationship with Geoff's family and are so lucky they live 2 minutes away. We love spending time with them and are grateful for all the fun memories! Thanks for a great night! Thanks Rachel for the idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I love the cactus gardens at Christmas! Our last trip there ended short when Taylor fell into a cactus and got some cactus stuff in his eye. He was not happy, poor guy!
Oh what a cute family you are. i love the picture of the boys on the present. they are never NOT smiling! You lucky duck...I couldnt even get savannah to smile in one of her bday pics!!! Anyways darling...
And what a fun place.
I can always count on you for a new post! That is very cool in a weird sort of way but I wouldn't want to be the one putting lights on the cactus! The boyz (Geoff and Ryan) look so funny to me standing there with all of those kids!! Sarah, you really do look so cute! It's one of those cheesy "I can't believe how grown up everybody is" moments! I'm jealous that you have family that you can hang out with and have so much fun! All of my sibblings are still single and I don't see wedding bells on the horizon for anyone! I guess I will just keep single handedly providing grandchildren for the family. I need some help! Love ya!
Glad you went! Isn't it great! Not really temple square...but the best you can find down here :) Looks like you had fun...would love to hear your and Aleena's version of "cactus wonderland" :).
HI!!! Of course we can be blogging friends. :D Your boys are so cute! I can't believe how big they are now. You and Ryan also look like you're doing well. That's cool that they put lights on all the cacti. Are you guys coming up for christmas?
Looks like fun! Who would have thought they decorate cactus for the Holidays...you are being exposed to a whole new world! We miss you all - what are the plans for Christmas?
That looks like so much fun! It's probably nice that it's not freezing there. Very cute pictures!
Only in Vegas! That's cool. I'm so happy that you get to hang out with your bro.
Hey! Only 3 days until we depart and put on pants and sweaters! I 'm way excited!
Looks like fun!!! You guys are always doing something new and different, I love it. Hopefully we will get to see you soon!!
I've been wanting to put lights on my palm tree in my front yard for some time...now I know what it could look like if I just did it!
I'm so jealous you guys live so close together...I never knew about those cool lights on the desert landscape. haha. Maybe Mike and I will have to check it out!
I've been meaning to take Jaxson there. It's always so nice to go there, I love it.
You and Aleena look so cute.
Hi Sarah! Cute pics. text me your address so I can send you a christmas card.
What a fun night! I want to "Walk in a Cactus Wonderland"
Those pictures are so cute. I love it.
Cute pictures! Looks like such a festive and fun evening with the family:) Those are the best huh. Tell your hubby hi for me... and your bro and Aleena. you are surrounded by so many great people, my good old friends from back in the day. :)
Post a Comment