Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Parade of Traditions"

We had a fun enrichment tonight. It was called "Parade of Traditions." All the women met at the church and then were split into 4 groups. There were 4 host homes (ours was one of them) that the groups rotated through. I had to share Christmas traditions with each group as they came through. We all met at one house at the end where we had hot chocolate and cake and there were carolers there (the same ones we saw at The District on Saturday night.) I am sad that I was not able to go from house to house and hear about all the other traditions, but it was fun to have people here and share my favorite holiday traditions. It was, once again, a wonderful way to get in the Christmas spirit. I truly love this time of year and I am enjoying all the fun we are having!

14 comments:

Cami said...

This enrichment was so much fun. Thanks for sharing such good traditions! I love the idea of getting an ornament for each child each year and letting them take them with them when they leave the house.

Uffens Family said...

We have that same tradition Sarah :) Sad I didn't make it...Mike was actually home...which either meant he could babysit or I could spend some time with him...I opted for the latter! You will have to give me all your traditions on the next walk :)

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

That sounds like a great idea!

Angela and Mike said...

That sounds like so much fun! I bet you were great host.

brittany said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun night. I bet your had the best traditions of all!

Aleena said...

I am glad that it went well. I was thinking about you last night hoping it was going well. You will have to show me what you did.

Renee said...

No pictures of that "ugly tree"? I have been waiting. I am glad that it worked out and you were happy with it! Sounds like a really fun activity to me.

shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I'd love to hear about your traditions!?

Sarah Goodsell said...

I wish I could have gone. I would have liked that. Glad you had fun!

Katie said...

I'm sorry I missed it too. I had much the same excuse as Rach, time with hubbies is too valuable it seems.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Sarah...that is so funny. we are doing that same thing next week for enrichment. WE are calling our Home for the Holidays. I really like the tradition idea though. We were just going to have appitizers and see christmas decor...anyways sounds fun. im glad to hear you volenteered to share your home and traditions! I love you and miss you!

Kristi F. said...

Hey, I thought I would send you guys a Christmas card. Will you send me your address? kristi@bartlett-title.com

CHUNTZ said...

Sarah! I love your blog Christmas background...so cute, Im jealous! Sometimes I cant believe youre a mom, I see your face and can only remember you in your cute little cheer outfit! LOL!