It all started when Easton fell down the stairs this afternoon. Both of the boys are pretty good about turning around and sliding backwards but I guess that today he thought he could walk down?!? It was down hill from there for poor Easton. Tonight I was upstairs and Ryan started yelling for me. I came running downstairs to Easton bleeding from his mouth. He was walking around with his sippy cup, the kind with the straw, he is still a little unsteady on his feet and he fell and sliced the inside of his lip open. Poor kid. I was freaking out because of course I thought it needed stitches and he was crying so hard. We got the bleeding stopped and calmed him down and he was okay. He has fallen two more times since then and split that same spot open and it has started to bleed each time.
I keep telling Ryan the poor kid is going to have brain damage cause when he falls he doesn't try to catch himself with his hands, he falls straight on his head. He has bruises all across his forehead. Seriously I don't know what I am going to do with him.
Brady has been in trouble today for hitting his brother so he has spent a lot of time in time out. It doesn't work very well because every time I put him in the corner Easton runs over and sits next to him. Ryan says it is the cutest thing he has ever seen. I ran over and took this picture of them in the corner tonight (this is the 4th time he has done it today). So much for a punishment.
18 comments:
That is the sweetest, cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Your boys are so dang cute.
As for the brain damage...I still wonder about Mack. When he was little, like 2 years old, he was riding a scooter, not just riding it, but riding it like a speed demon. He got so many blows to the head I was very, very worried. He seems okay now though... :) We'll see when he gets older whether or not he can grasp abstract concepts. :)
Sorry about the stressful afternoon/evening! Your boys are tough! :) Good job with the time outs too! I can't manage to discipline Annie...don't know how you do it with 2!
So cute -- don't you love sibling relationships? Every time Holly gets in trouble, she starts crying and runs to Alli, who hugs her and rocks with her on the rocking chair. It just melts my heart every time. So precious.
haha, I Love that they join each other for time out in the corner...that is so cute. They are like little best friends that get sick of each other, fight, but then are best friends. They are totally MIke's favorites...in case you were wondering :)
That is so cute about the time outs. My sisters were the same way. Ash always got put on time out and Whit would either cry for my mom to let her off or just go and entertain her while she was on it. Twins have the best relationships!!!
I am so sorry! Poor little guy. I love that they go to time out together. How cute is that? I am trying to get Luke to do the time out thing and it's not working too well. He thinks it's so funny. haha So maybe you need to give me some tips.
Yesterday, Haisel was sliding books under the door to Taylor, who was in time out. It was cute but SO frustrating. When your trying to punish you really want it to sink in, not be a fun time. And poor little Easton does have a lot of bruises on his head. Cute kid!
oh they look sooo innocent! How cute...they are inseperable! Love ya
ok, funny...how do you know Bryce LIndsay> He lived in my California ward and our families have been pretty good friends. Also his little sister is in Lindsays bunko group...how random! Weird, what a small world!
That is Funny!! I can't wait to see the picture where Ryan has put them in the corner on time out and he makes them Hug and Kiss each other. Memories Memories. I love these boys. They are so sweet and cute. You guys are doing a great job raising them.
Isn't it wierd that when one thing goes wrong, eveything does! Look how good you are with time-outs! You are so on the ball! I've only tried it a couple times, but I'm pretty sure they have no idea what I'm doing and they usually just laugh! How cute that your boys run over to each other!
They are getting so big!!! Poor Easton though!!
Poor Easton...Hallie totally did the same thing this week. She is such a klutz lately and keeps falling and she busted her lip 3 different times, I swear those things bleed forever.
They will get the hang of it though, I swear Hallie always had a black eye when she first started walking.
Too cute! It's so hard to punish kids because they are so dang funny.. Poor Easton him and Savannah can compare bumps and bruises..
I guess I've never really thought how hard it would be to put a twin in time-out. Too funny!
ok so when I saw those pics on their blog I thought that about Aleena! They look so much alike! how funny...
Hi Sarah, I have no idea if you remember me or not, but this is Tiffany Tripp (Trotter), I saw you on Beth's blog and thought I would say hi, your boys are the cutest, what a proud mommy you are! Remember getting in the little fender bender in front of your house? Take care and luck with those little ones!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but time out NEVER worked for my twins. They could never be without each other for 2 minutes!
Post a Comment