Thursday, January 31, 2008

Worth Watching

I stole this from my friend Jaime but it is so neat I thought I would share it. I bawled my eyes out so good luck keep a dry eye. Make sure you pause my music at the bottom so you can hear the song playing on the slideshow.
We love you President Hinckley!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah the picture of him at his wifes funeral was the tear jerker for me I had to share my bawling with everyone :-)

Linds said...

That's a neat slide show minus the fake quote at the beginning. I have enjoyed learning more about President Hinkley's life the last few days. he really was an amazing man.

Angela and Mike said...

The part with him at his wife's funeral is so sad :( It was fun to see the pictures of him growing up! Thanks for sharing :)

Sharon said...

Wow, I was just watching and getting goosebumps looking at the pictures and enjoying the music and then the picture at Sister Hinckley's funeral - I lost it right there. Thanks for putting that on your blog. I loved it!

Oh, by the way, I hope you'll be in Vegas during the MWC tournament because Gordon and I are coming and I'm hoping that in between games one of the days that we can come see you.

Holley said...

That was a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing. It's going to be hard to watch the funeral tomorrow.

Laura said...

That was such an amazing video, I stole it from you and put it on mine, that's one that everyone should see. What a dear prophet, I'm so sad!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this Sarah. This was a beautiful tribute for a beautiful man. I will miss him.

Masters Of Disasters said...

thank you for that. It gave me the chills. I loved him so much. I'm so glad he is back with his wife though.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Check the source on that quote. I remember a few years ago a letter being published that the quote is not accurate. This is a good place to check Mormon Myths -- it has information about an official letter written by President Packer about this quote

http://www.shields-research.org/Hoaxes/LDSWorld_Internet_Hoaxes_and_Mormon_Urban_Legends.htm

Katie said...

Quote Bloat....kidding. I loved it! Thank you for sharing. I'm of course teary-eyed.

Linds said...

Hey I totally did not even mean to be rude. I thought everyone knew and so I just said that. Sorry. I seriously did not mean to call you out.

tiffunny said...

PS - I'm the person that made that video and I was informed shortly thereafter that the quote was NOT by Pres. Packer (I did not know and had been given the quote by a family member) so I have a revised version of it on You Tube that just says "Unknown Author" for now. Just wanted to pass on the word so people knew I wasn't purposely spreading a supposed Mormon legend.

(and in case you're wondering I didn't randomly find your blog - you tube shows me who has linked my video)

Anonymous said...

how funny about the quote drama I didn't even think twice about it...