Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tim and Faith!

Okay so we had the most random day today. Ryan's work had called him and asked if he could help out at a convention they were having in Vegas. We had plans but decided we couldn't turn down the money and cancelled. We decided to go to lunch with some friends (Amy and Chris) we met a few days ago (2 to be exact)for a fun activity. We were sitting there talking and Amy asked me what kind of music I listened to. I told her country and it ended up we loved all the same people and bands. I told her I love Tim and Faith! She got all excited and said she heard they were coming in concert in January. I told her that I had seen on tv that they were coming August 4. All of the sudden Ryan was like, "it is August 4!" The next thing I know she is on her cell phone calling MGM. She got off the phone a minute later and said, "okay they have 4 tickets and we are going." About 15 minutes later after much dilemma, texting Abbey for support and hyperventilation, they had us talked into it. We left lunch with 2 tickets for a concert that started in 4 hours and no babysitter. Aleena (my sister-n-law) has a sister that lives close to us so I decided since she was the only person I knew I would call her. She said YES and we were set. I rushed home and started to work and Ryan took off to go work for a few hours.

I went and dropped the kids off and Chris and Amy came and picked me up. We met Ryan there just in time to grab a hot dog and watch the pre show. We could not have asked for better seats, they were awesome! The stage was a circle and they made good use of it. We were just a few rows up and had a perfect view of every part of the stage.

The moment finally came...Tim and Faith appeared on the stage TOGETHER singing none other than one of my current favorite songs "Chasing Cars" (it is not their song but it was so good!) They sang a few others and then Faith took to the stage. She was amazing...beautiful and very entertaining with a voice to die for! Tim came back and they sang a few more together and then it was Timmy's turn. He is fabulous...I love him! He did a great job, he always does. He is a very good performer/entertainer. And then of course, they closed singing together. It was so ROMANTIC! They even kissed at the end of It's Your Love and I Need You! They sang for about 3 hours and I could have sat there for at least another 3!

All the dilemma, hyperventilation, arguing, and the fact that I am getting absolutely no birthday presents was worth it. They are so good and it was so fun to see them in concert together! We loved every second of it and are so glad we went. It is now 2:00 a.m. and I am exhausted. My kids were perfect angels as they usually are and didn't even flinch when we moved them from bed to the car and back to bed again! A special thanks to Monica and Jeff for watching our kids so we could go and to Chris and Amy for making us go!

 
The first song they sang together...it was awesome!
 
He is hot!
 
She is beautiful!
 
Posted by Picasa
Can you see how close we are?
Check out that backside!
I love them!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh how fun!!! i love when things like that happen... just great memories!

Renee said...

No wonder you didn't answer when I called you last night! What a great birthday present. Yes, your boys are angels and I am so glad Jeff and Monica were able to help! We are excited to see you this weekend.

Angela and Mike said...

Sarah, totally don't worry about it. I would've goen to a faith and tim concert over hanging out with people anyday. haha, and besides...ryan did have to work too. Don't worry. I'm jealous I didn't get to go. Havea great trip to utah, we'll see you when we get back :)

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

You are so lucky! McKay and I went to it in Aug. (for the second time in a year!) and it was the best! I can't believe how close you were...we didn't have nearly the seats and I bet we paid the same :) I'm so glad you got to go! Can't wait to see you on Sat.!

Linds

brittany said...

that sounds like so much fun. i am totally jealous. so glad you could find babysitters on such short notice. that sounds like a great birthday present to me.

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

I am so jelous! How fun! It does look like you guys were super close.

Heather said...

It looks like you had great seats! How fun!