Saturday, September 15, 2007
Bed rest it is...
When I woke up on September 15th I was feeling much better. I was anxious for my doctor's appointment though because I still had a lot of pressure. My mom came with me and Ryan met us there. The doctor did the ultrasound as usual and I explained to him what I had felt the night before. In order to see "baby A" (Brady) he had to go really low with the ultrasound. The good news was the babies looked great as always. The bad news was he decided to check me and see what was going on. He took Ryan and I in the other room. He checked me and I could tell by the look on his face it was not good news. He said I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. He put me on STRICT bed rest only getting up to go to the bathroom. I had to get dressed so Ryan went out first and told my mom. I was so upset and was crying. I HATE sitting around more than anything. I had to call my boss and tell her I could not work anymore which was stressful because I was the source of income and the insurance. She was nice and very understanding, she has 2 sets of twins! I went home very depressed. Our friends Whitney and Wes Jensen came over and hung out with us and brought CPK and The Office. It was fun and they helped me get my mind off it and cheer up a bit. Bed rest sounded horrible at the time but little did I know it was about to get a whole lot worse. I know you are all hanging on the edge of your seats so stay tuned for more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sarah I love all this re capping stuff. I've never really got all the details from you about your babies experience. I am on the edge of my seat I can't wait to hear what happens next...
Are you telling this story because you are pregnant again? Jared
I am liking this it is fun.....
Sarah. You are amazing. I totally hate sitting around more than anything too. Whenever I have a day off, I usually cry the night before because I'm so distressed that I will be bored all day. Ask Derek...it's pathetic. Anyways, I can't believe you did that for so long, and then you were in the hospital too. Ugh! Way to go. You are much stronger than I would have been.
Post a Comment