Monday, September 24, 2007

A Funfilled Weekend!

We had a great weekend with Jared and Heather. They got here late on Thursday night and we hung out and chatted.

On Friday morning they went out to breakfast with Jared's brother and his wife. We went and met them in the afternoon and went to the outlets for a day of shopping. Ryan and Jared found these shoes called "Margaritaville" They bought the same ones and I wish so bad I would have taken a picture. Then Heather and I went to Banana and bought the same outfit...kind of funny!

That night we planned to go the The District and eat dinner and then head over to the outdoor movie which was "Goonies." Ryan and Jared were so excited. We went and got our Mexican food and as we were walking over to where they show the movie it started to rain. We went over and sat under a tree and started to eat our food just as they started the movie. About 2 minutes later it started to rain harder and lightning so they cancelled the movie. We were so mad.
So we packed up and headed home. Ryan and Jared went and got some treats and we watched Mission Impossible 3.

Right when we moved in I had signed up to do a bunch of stuff at our ward's super saturday which was this weekend. I woke up and headed over there to make my crafts. The boys took a nap and then Jared, Heather and Ryan took them and went to Hoover Dam. They had a good time and said the boys were really good and had fun!


I had a great time at Super Saturday and made a clock that I love! One of our friends has it at her house and was teaching the class. When I was asking Ryan what to do at Super Saturday he said he really wanted me to make the clock. I think it turned out pretty good. It was a fun morning with my ward! (This is kind of a weird picture and don't mind the background...sorry it was still drying.)
That night we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory...Yummy! As we were waiting for our table Utah fans kept walking out wearing their Ute gear and red. Our kids had on their Y shirts. It was funny! We kept hearing people make comments about it. I just love that BYU won and Utah got killed! We sat outside which was fun and surprisingly it got chilly. We had them turn on the heater that was by us but then we got too hot. Brady and Easton were pretty good. They brought them a plate with banana's and bread and they scarfed it down. It was a fun dinner! We rushed home and got our kids ready for bed and took them to Monica (Aleena's sister) and went to meet Jared and Heather for Phantom of the Opera. It was such a great show! We loved it! On Sunday morning we woke up and had Sweedish pancakes and watched the Sound of Music. Then Ryan and I headed to church and Jared and Heather headed home. We were sad to see them go but we are so glad they came. It was a great weekend!

13 comments:

brittany said...

Sounds like a great weekend. It is always fun to have friends come and visit. Your clock is adorable. You'll have to post a picture when you have it hanging in your house.

Becky said...

That sounds so fun! I really want to come down and see Phantom. I love those clocks -- they are all the rage up here!

Niki Carter said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love that you are all still hanging out! Thanks for always leaving comments on my blog. I love it! That clock is really cute! How did you make it? That would be a fun project. Talk to you later. Nicole

Sarah Goodsell said...

Looks like you had a fun busy weekend! I went to Super Saturday but didn't make anything. You looked busy when I saw you and didn't want to bug you. Your clock turned out cute!

Katie said...

What's with the McGivens and their funny movies....The sound of Music? I can totally see Gary getting pumped about that one. The BYU shirts make me homesick...darling!

Katie said...

I'm just counting how many outfits you went through on Saturday...was it three or four? Just kidding, I'm just realizing how sick I am of maternity clothes!

Uffens Family said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I would love to know more about the outdoor movie?? We don't know about those cool things yet :) Of course it rains on the night you planned to go with visitors.
Your super sat. clock turned out awesome! Who helped you make those...sad I missed the class cut off date.

Heather O'Brien said...

What a fun weekend! I love the Cheesecake Factory. I think it's so cute that they give the kids bananas and bread. I like to go there just for that! And the clock is great! You will have to teach me someday!

Chelsea said...

So jealous! I wish we could have been there this weekend too with all you guys. That would have been fun!

Heidi said...

Fun weekend. That clock is so cute. How did you make it? Maria made one at her super saturday too... hmmm...

Jaime Stephens said...

Sounds like fun what a cute wife Jared has.. Looks like you guys had fun I am glad.

And about your cute cute clock I think you should have a blog class to help everyone make one :-)

Heather said...

Sorry about the Phantom picture it wasn't the best. Sorry it took so long to get our blog up to date. Heather gets pretty tired during the weekdays so the weekend is the only time that she can get to it. Thanks again for having us last weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It is so good to catch up on everything you're doing and see the cute pictures. I love you guys and am so proud of what you are accomplishing. Keep up the good work. Love, Mom McGiven