So I will quickly do an update on the pregnancy last year. I decided to put up this picture so you could see how uncomfortable I was with the IV in my arm and all the monitors on my belly!The 21st was a pretty boring day. I was still on the mag and I am sure feeling pretty crappy! I have to say I have the best mom ever. Almost every weekday night she spent the slept at the hospital with me so that I did not have to be alone and Ryan could sleep at home since he had school early in the morning. She came to see me every single day and was the best through all of this. She is amazing!
The 22nd "Someone told Grandpa that every 1 day the babies stay in me is 4-6 days less they would have to stay in the NICU." I had made it 6 days so we were feeling pretty good. My sister-n-law Katie was a nurse at the hospital at the time and would come to see me when she was working. It was so fun to spend time with her!
On the 23rd there was a BYU football game against Utah State. It was Nick Holland's birthday and my brother Jake made a surprise visit. Kelsey came and sat with me during the game so Ryan could go. I was sad to miss Nick's birthday party and it was hard knowing all of my family was together and I was laying in a hospital bed. Jake came with my parents and stayed late and chatted which was so fun!
On the 24th Whitney and River came and sat with me for a couple of hours. It was so fun to see River and made me anxious to have the babies. I had a lot of visitors all through the day which was a lot of fun and helped to pass the time. We put a paper up on the wall with names on it. It had Brady, Easton, Logan and Hunter. Brady and Easton were winning (and won!)
On the 25th they FINALLLY let me go see the NICU. We had been so anxious to get in there to see babies that were born around the same time and would be about the same size. They made me go in on a guernie and my vision was still so blurry I could hardly see. It was good for us to see it though and helped me remember that all the suffering was worth it to get these kids bigger before they were born. Abbey and Kelsey came and Abbey gave me a pedicure. My little brother Chad was the best and came to visit me every night. He would call and tell me when he was going to make his "nightly visit" My family truly got me through this and were the best!
6 comments:
You look so happy in that picture, even though it sounds like you were horribly uncomfortable. It is also hard to believe there are two babies in that tiny belly of yours!
What an adventure! I am loving your stories because I wasn't there when it all happened! keep them coming.
You do look great in that picture and holy cow I can't believe you had two babies in there.. I am loving these stories you are amazing!
In your picture you look SO much like your boys!! Wow, they look just like you. Brit was right, you were a tiny mama!!
It's crazy this was a year ago! I can't believe how fast time flies...and now you have two beautiful little boys!
I love seeing pics of your little boys, they are my favorite to look at. There is just something about them, they are adorable and always smiling. I bet they are so much fun! I always make Justin come look at them. Hope you guys are doing well in Vegas. Sarah
Post a Comment