Sunday, September 2, 2007

Lake Las Vegas Triathlon!

He did it again! On Saturday Ryan did his second triathlon in hot Las Vegas. It was at this place not too far from our house called Lake Las Vegas and I have to say it was beautiful! It was like a resort town and was like being in a totally different place. Anyway, Ryan did an awesome job. He said the course was a lot harder than the last one but he still wants to do it again. I think he is crazy but he is my hero.
Brady, Easton and I went to be there at the finish line. Ryan was confused and told me to go to the start which was 1.5 miles away from the finish line. I had already had to park far away and decided it was not worth it to walk back to where I started, get my stroller back in the car (which is a big task), get my kids back in their car seats and drive to the end. Instead I decided to walk all the way. Okay it might not sound like that big of a deal but it was so hot, my poor kids were covered in sweat, they had rubbed their sunscreen into their eyes so they were all red and we were walking on the running trail so towards the end my huge stroller was totally in the way. Then at the end when Ryan was all worn out and tired he was so nice and walked back to my car and came and picked us up. So in conclusion my idea to walk was not such a brilliant idea afterall...I should have just put my kids back into the car and driven to the finish line!

In the end it was all worth it to watch our daddy cross that finish line! He is amazing! He took 10th in his division which is incredible for this only being his 2nd one! We were so proud of him and were so glad we were there to cheer him on!

6 comments:

brittany said...

I am so impressed! That is quite an accomplishment. Especially in Las Vegas!

Becky said...

Wow, that's awesome! Good job, Ryan! And I totally wouldn't have gotten my kids back in the car, either. It's so annoying to have to get them in and out, in and out. . . at least Alli can buckle herself in now!

brittany said...

sarah, i'm glad you saw my post, because ryan deleted it and busted me, saying i wasn't considering my audience, i told him, i just wrote the truth and he didn't care. so, that's why it isn't there anymore. maybe i'll try to re-post a nicer version :) i love your blog and i love seeing pictures of those cute cute boys. talk to you soon. britt

Jaime Stephens said...

wow go Ryan!!! That is awesome. Nice work to you to you had your own little race going on :-)

Heather O'Brien said...

WAY TO GO RYAN!!! That's so awesome! And in Vegas heat? He gets an extra award. That would be so hard. I don't blame you with the stroller. I only have one kid and I hate doing it. And yes, I Finally did my blog. Thanks for the help!

Heather said...

How was the swim? I wouldn't put it past you in dominating the bike and run. I wish I had half the discipline you have with excercising. The good thing about me is that I have so much stored energy in my tubby I don't have to work out. Next year let's meet in St. George and do that one together. We will be seing you on the 20th.