So Sunni Lyman tagged me but this time it is questions about my hubby, kind of fun! Many of you already know all this but for those of you who don't this will be great! It might be long, bear with me!
1.Where did you meet your husband?
Well I actually met Ryan when I was 10 years old. He was on Geoff (my brother's) baseball team that my dad coached. Then Geoff and Ryan were friends in Jr. High and best friends in high school. And to answer the burning question everyone asks, no we did not date in high school or have a "thing" for each other until after the mission.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I have no idea to be honest. I was too young. But after his mission I think I said, "Welcome home Elder McGiven!" That was the first time I noticed him in a romantic sort of way.
3. Where was your first date?
Stadium of Fire on the 4th of July! We went with Ryan's family and Justin Wilde came and brought a girl he was working with at the time.
4. Where was your first kiss?
Next to my car on my parents driveway...and yes, I made the move and it was also before our first date.
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
We had a VERY LONG courtship. As many of you know, Ryan and I dated for about a year and then he broke up with me because he needed to make sure that there were no other fish in the sea for him. That lasted almost 1 year and then we FINALLY got back together. From there it was quick...after 1 week we were engaged and we were married 2 months after that.
6. Where did you get engaged?
At a lake in Idaho, I am drawing a blank right now on the name. It was so cool though. I had gone ring shopping with my mom and picked out a ring but Ryan and I had never gone together. Little did I know the sneaky jewlery shop knew my dad and put the ring aside for me. Ryan and his mom went and got it. It was not going to be ready in time for the family trip we were taking so they agreed to mail it to my sister-n-law Michelle's parents in Boise and then they drove it up to us. Oh my gosh, they went to a lot of trouble to make this work which was so cool! Everyone kept the secret so good and I had no idea. Ryan was going to propose on the boat but the morning the ring was coming the boat broke down. Abbey, my mom and Kelsey went and scoped out a new spot. Later that day I went to the bathroom and when I came out Ryan was gone. They told me this big lie about how we were having a fireside and he went to see the spot and he could take me later with Geoff and Aleena. Well later came and Aleena was all of the sudden not feeling well (she was a good faker too) So Ryan and I left but first we had to go get a drink. (I later found out this was so that Geoff and Aleena could go up and hide in the bushes with the camera and video camera) It was on the top of this mountain overlooking the lake and the sun was setting. We were talking and all of the sudden Ryan pulled out a watch that he had bought me for my birthday the first time we were dating (I gave it back when we broke up, so mature I know) He said, "this is for TIME" and then he got down on one knee and said "and this is for ETERNITY." He pulled out my ring and I started to cry. Then he said some cute stuff and asked me to marry him! Of course I said YES...how could I not after that?!? It was the best!
7. Where did you get married?
We got married in the Timpanogos Temple...it was beautiful!
8. How did the reception go?
The reception was perfect! I loved everything about it. It was in my parents backyard and was so fun! We had ordered 1 tent and then a couple of days before the wedding my dad ordered a second one to be safe and then the day of the wedding ordered a third because it had poured down rain the night before. It ended up being a beautiful day with no rain but the tents made my reception...they were the icing on the cake and it all turned out fabulous!
9. How was the honeymoon?
It was great! We went to Midway the night we got married and then to the Anniversary Inn for a night. Ryan was in the middle of school so we came home after that and went on with normal life. Then in October we went to Disneyworld! It was over Halloween which made even more fun! We loved it!
Tag your it!
Britt Birnel
Heidi Nelson
Christina Cardon
Heather Morris
3 comments:
SO cute! I think you guys are so cute together! Not that we hang out much but Aaron and I always say that we love to hang out with you guys! So Christmas...
that was soo cute I never knew the engagement story and I loved it how cute!!
So Banning did the blog no idea how he did I just pretended I was paying attention nice work ah.... I'll learn though and pass it on. Thanks for all your help with it.
Thanks for playing along...Tell ryan great job on the whole proposal thing...I had to tell nick because I thought it was so cute! What a guy.
Post a Comment